FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FROM RETAILERS
What do I need to sign up for a retailer account?
To sign up, you will need to provide your contact information, billing address and a valid credit or debit card.
Does your drop ship program work with other e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Magento 2, eBay, and Amazon?
Yes! Our dropshipping services work with many of the top e-commerce platforms. We currently support Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento 2, OpenCart and Prestashop. Amazon, eBay, Walmart, BigCommerce and other marketplace integrations will be coming soon. TopDawg provides the raw product data, images, and shipping dimension calculations for you to begin selling on the platform of your choice.
How does the 14-day free trial work?
The 14-day trial period is offered to new members free of charge for the first 14 days after signing up in the Start-Up or Growth membership plans, and it is free to cancel at any time. Although you will have the ability to sell products during this trial, only the membership fee gets waived for 14 days. We do not offer a free 14-day trial for the Scale or Enterprise membership plans. Your credit card on file will be charged for any product purchases, taxes, and/or shipping costs which must be paid at the time of purchase. Start a 14-day free trial.
Are product purchases included in the free trial?
No. The 14-day free trial covers the monthly membership fee only. Product purchases, taxes, and shipping costs are not included in this free trial and must be paid at the time of purchase. Start a 14-day free trial.
How much will I be charged for upgrading to a new plan in the middle of a billing cycle?
If you choose to upgrade your plan prior to your monthly anniversary day, your new Membership Plan will be effective immediately. The initial cost of your upgraded plan will be charged to your credit card at the time of upgrading. The amount will be pro-rated based on the number of days until your anniversary day and discounted by the number of days remaining in your current billing cycle.
CHANGE OF MEMBERSHIP PLAN / CREDIT EXAMPLE: Cost of new plan: You upgrade to the $49 plan, with 15 days remaining on your previous plan. Credited (discount) amount: Your previous plan was $19 You have a credit of $9.50 for the remaining 15 days on your previous plan. This credit will be applied to the cost of your new plan. New plan cost + 49.00 Previous plan credit – 9.50 Initial upgrade cost = 39.50
The first full cost of your new plan will be charged 30 days from the day of your upgrade and will renew monthly.
If you choose to downgrade your plan prior to your monthly anniversary day, your new Membership Plan will not be effective until the end of the current month cycle. There are no pro-rated refunds for downgraded accounts.
- What is the difference between the shipping cost integration and the shipping calculation button found in the product descriptions of individual products?The shipping cost integration will give you the most accurate and real-time shipping costs of any order placed by your customers. The shipping calculation button provides an estimation of shipping cost based on the zip code entered. To eliminate the guesswork of total shipping for full orders, our integration gives you the exact quote with accurate up-to-date information.
- What are marketplace integrations?We are referring to the platform or channel a retailer can integrate with our TopDawg platform for an automated dropshipping solution. We currently support Magento, Magento 2, Shopify, WooCommerce, OpenCart and Prestashop. Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and other marketplace integrations will be coming soon.
- What are marketplace integrations SKUs?A product SKU is a unique code that identifies a specific product. In our retailer membership plans, the number of SKUs allotted for each plan is how many unique products are available to integrate on your marketplace/channels.
- Which Shopify plan do I need to get TopDawg’s integrated shipping to work?
SHOPIFY PLANS THAT SUPPORT INTEGRATED SHIPPING.
Basic Shopify: 'Carrier Calculated Shipping' is only available if you pay yearly (not monthly) or pay a $20 per month add-on fee along with the monthly service fee.
Shopify (Their Standard Account): 'Carrier Calculated Shipping' is only available if you pay yearly (not monthly) or pay a $20 per month add-on fee along with the monthly service fee.
Advanced Shopify: 'Carrier Calculated Shipping' is included in your plan. Shopify Plus: 'Carrier Calculated Shipping' is included in your plan.
Note: The 'Carrier Calculated Shipping' add-on must be purchased through Shopify customer support (phone or chat).
- Do you charge a dropshipping fee?TopDawg does not charge any dropshipping fees. Although most of our suppliers do not charge a dropshipping fee, some do. Every product on our downloadable csv file has a field where you can view if there is a dropshipping fee and the amount if it applies. You can also view this information by clicking on an individual product in our catalog to see the product details, and then selecting “Additional Info.”
- How do I get a retailer authorization letter or autorized retailer certificate from TopDawg?In order to receive an authorized retailer certificate (ARC) from TopDawg, you must have an active (non-trialing) account and be in good standing. If you have an active account and are in good standing simply request an ARC from customer support. They are normally processed within 24 hours and will be sent to your email address on file.
- Where can I download all your product information and images from?All product information can be downloaded in a csv format accessible from “Manage Your Inventory” quick link located in your retailer dashboard. You may also access this in the main navigation bar under the “Inventory” tab.
- How do I add products to my online store?Once your account has been set up, you will gain full access to our product catalog wholesale pricing. In the catalog, you can easily select the products that you choose to sell in your store. Through TopDawg, you can offer your customers a variety of products in the home & garden, pets, fashion & accessories, electronics, health & beauty, kids, babies, toys, sports & outdoors, automotive & marine, seasonal & parties and farm & ranch departments.
- How does the shipping cost API integration feature available in the Scale and Enterprise plans work?The shipping cost API integration provides real time shipping cost calculations to your marketplace at the time of checkout. This is designed to remove the headaches behind shipping costs and the numerous variables involved for your orders. Our API accounts for every product’s shipping origin and destination, product’s shipping dimensions, and total weight of all products per order. After taking these factors into consideration, the integration will provide you the best real-time shipping price and carrier option between USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
- What methods of payment do you accept?We accept all major credit and debit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, Discover and Diners Club.
- Are there any upfront fees?There are no set-up costs, down payments, or large financial investments for TopDawg membership. The Start-Up plan is only $19 per month, and you can upgrade, downgrade, or cancel your plan at any time. Please note, each new month begins on the “anniversary date” of the day you first signed up. We do not prorate any cancellations made prior to your “anniversary date.” When you cancel before your “anniversary date,” you will have the remaining days left of your plan to use as usual. Our Start-Up and Growth plans come with a free 14-day trial for new retailers when they first sign up.
- Do you require a minimum order amount per month?No. There are no minimum order requirements.
- Do you have a recurring fee for your services?Yes. The only recurring fee is the monthly cost for your selected TopDawg membership plan. The Start-Up plan is only $19 per month, and you can upgrade, downgrade, or cancel your plan at any time. Please note, each new month begins on the “anniversary date” of the day you first signed up. We do not prorate any cancellations made prior to your “anniversary date.” Our Start-Up and Growth plans come with a free 14-day trial for new retailers when they first sign up.
- Where can I see your current product line?Browse updated products in our catalog by clicking on the “Browse our Catalog” in your retailer dashboard or accessible in the main navigation bar and footer under the “Products” tab and “Products” link, respectively.
- Where can I log in to my dropship account?Visit topdawg.com and click “Log In” located in the top right corner. Use the email address and password you created for your account setup to log in.
- How can I create or customize my account profile?Customize your profile by logging into your account and selecting the “Account” dropdown in the top navigation bar, and then select “Settings.” You will be able to make changes to your contact information by clicking on “Profile.” By clicking on “Membership,” you can upgrade, downgrade, and cancel memberships. This is also where you can view your invoice history. To add or remove your credit and debit payment methods, click on the "Payment Methods" tab.
- How long do orders take to ship?Most dropship orders are processed within 2 business days (excluding major holidays). Shipping duration (origin to destination) reflects similar time frame quoted by all shipping carriers we use.
- How does international shipping work?
When a package is shipped internationally, it may be subject to import taxes, customs duties, and/or fees imposed by the destination country. These charges will typically be due once the shipped goods arrive at the country of destination.
Such charges are not included in the product price or shipping and handling cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility as we are only charging the transportation fee for your order.
TopDawg does not have any responsibility on these additional charges that may apply.
The buyer is responsible for obtaining information regarding their country’s laws, regulations, and restrictions that may apply when purchasing our products. By placing an international order, the buyer is responsible for abiding by their country’s laws, regulations, and restrictions.
If a product is seized and destroyed by customs, or returned to the supplier, TopDawg will NOT be responsible for the losses, product, or shipping refunds. It is the buyer's responsibility to cover the shipping costs when the buyer wishes to have a second delivery attempt after the product is returned to the supplier.
TopDawg does not guarantee at any time a certain delivery date or time frame for delivery for any product or order. Any listed time for a shipping method is an estimate only. For orders with deadlines please order well in advance and we will arrange it for you.
- Do you provide tracking for my dropship orders? How will I receive tracking?Yes. All dropship and fulfillment orders are shipped with verifiable tracking numbers.
- Will my customers know where their orders are coming from?Our Enterprise level membership allows Retailers to customize their packing slips with their company’s name and logo. All other membership levels will have a generic packing slip titled “Internet Shipper” along with the ship from address. Your customers will see the address of the supplier’s location on the outer shipping label only. Every label is addressed from “Internet Shipper.” Your customers will be unaware that TopDawg is your dropship partner. This feature helps build your brand and retain customers by displaying your company’s name, logo, and contact information on the inside packing slip of every package that ships.
- What do your branded packing slips available in the Scale & Enterprise plan look like?The packing slips will have your company’s name, logo, and contact information. This will help build your brand and retain customers.
- Where do you ship to?TopDawg partners with retailers in the United States and worldwide, we can ship to any location that USPS, UPS or FedEx support.
- How do I track my order?Detailed tracking is provided for every order we process. You will receive tracking numbers as soon as your order is processed through TopDawg. Shipping updates and information can be found in your dashboard by accessing the “View Your Orders” quick link. You can also find this information by visiting the “Orders” section in the top navigation bar.
- How can I update the settings of my account?Account settings can be updated by logging into your account, selecting the “Account” dropdown in the top navigation bar, and selecting “Settings.” You can make your changes to your contact and billing information and click “Update” to save.
- How can I add or modify my payment information?Log in to your account. Click on the “Account” dropdown, followed by “Settings,” and choose the “Payment Methods” button. This is where you can add and remove the card(s) you have on file. *Please note, to remove a card from your account you must first add a new credit or debit card in its place.
- How do I cancel my membership?To cancel, click on the “Account” dropdown menu item in the top navigation bar, select “Settings,” and choose the “Membership” button. Click on the red button that says, “Cancel Membership.”
- Where can I sell your products?Most products can be sold anywhere you prefer (your website or any 3rd party marketplace). However, some products have restrictions that prevent them from being sold on 3rd party marketplaces like Amazon or eBay. If a product falls into this category, you will see a note in the csv product data feed file and on the individual product pages with the details. Any product that has a channel restriction cannot be sold on those channels or marketplaces.
- Do you have pricing restrictions? (MAP Pricing)All pricing information can be found in the csv product data feed file. This information includes the wholesale cost for products and the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Most of the prices are suggested, giving retailers the freedom to designate the selling price for their customers. Be aware that some products may have a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) required by the manufacturer. If a product has a MAP limit, this price is the minimum that a retailer can advertise with the option to increase the price. Retailers found in violation of MAP pricing requirements risk their account being suspended or terminated.
- How can I download your product catalog?All product information can be downloaded in a csv file format accessible from the “Manage Your Inventory” quick link located in your retailer dashboard. You may also access this in the main navigation bar under the “Inventory” tab.
- Are API tools available for dropshipping, and how can I set that up?Our new platform supports marketplace integrations for the Growth, Scale, and Enterprise memberships. For more information regarding the API integrations, call TopDawg at 954-251-3176 or send us an email at email@example.com.
- How often is the product catalog updated?The TopDawg catalog is updated multiple times a day to reflect current inventory quantities and new inventory additions. Rest assured that our online catalog is up-to-date, accurate, and stocked with products ready for shipment.
- What is the return policy?
TopDawg sources products from multiple suppliers and manufacturers around the world. Product return policies are determined by each supplier independently. The suppliers provide TopDawg with their individual return policy outlined in our master product catalog available in a csv file format to download. You may also view this information by clicking on any product in our catalog and selecting “Additional Info.”
Most products can be returned within 30 days of delivery; unless otherwise stated in the individual supplier’s policy, and with written approval from TopDawg. To initiate a product return, you must first contact TopDawg for an RMA number. Any attempt to return products without an RMA number will be declined. If the items are eligible for return, the RMA number will be provided along with the return address to provide to your customer. All costs associated with product returns (restocking fees, return shipping, etc.) are determined by each supplier and remain the responsibility of the customer. Once returns have been received and processed by TopDawg, a credit for items returned will be issued to the individual retailer’s account with TopDawg and can be applied to future product orders.
- How do you manage orders Lost or Damaged in transit?
If your customers notify you that their order has not arrived (lost) or has been received in damaged condition, please notify our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to file a claim.
Lost Orders: If the shipment has been lost, we will file a trace with the carrier to locate your order. If the shipment is found, the package will be delivered. If the shipment is unable to be located, we will issue full credit back to your account.
Damaged Orders: If an order has been received damaged, please take photos of the damaged item as well as the box it arrived in and send those images along with the order number to email@example.com. TopDawg will file a damage claim with the carrier on your behalf. Once a claim has been filed, we can either reship the order to your customer or issue a full refund to your account.
- What is the difference between dropshipping and fulfillment?We offer both dropshipping and fulfillment services. When you request for TopDawg to ship directly to your customers, you are dropshipping. If you prefer for TopDawg to ship directly to your warehouse or retail location, then you are choosing our fulfillment option.
- Who can I contact for support relating to my orders?We can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or reached at 954-251-3176 from 9am-6pm EST, Monday through Friday.
- How will I receive payments from my customers?If you are selling on an e-commerce website, payments will normally be processed using the payment processor you have chosen to integrate onto your site. Payments typically take a few business days to show up in your connected bank account after each transaction.
- How can I view reports regarding sales totals and my client lists?Reports can be viewed at any time by selecting the “Reports” tab in the top menu after logging in to your account. You can filter your reports by order status, customer, date, and sales per order.
- How soon will I have the tracking information available?Detailed tracking is provided for every order we process. You will receive tracking numbers as soon as your order is processed through TopDawg.
- What does MSRP mean?MSRP stands for Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. This is the price that the manufacturer of the product recommends for stores, resellers, etc. to sell this product at.
- What is MAP pricing?MAP pricing is the minimum amount that resellers can advertise a product to be selling for. In other words, if you plan on selling a product from our catalog that has a MAP pricing policy of $50, you cannot publicly list this product at anything below $50 to sell on any channel or marketplace.
- How do I change my profile email address?To change your email address associated with your account and in your profile, you must contact TopDawg to do so at email@example.com or call us at 954-251-3176.
- How do I calculate/set up shipping costs?
When adding items to your store from TopDawg, shipping rates will not be included. You will need to set up the costs of shipping separately, as the costs of the products themselves will not include shipping. There are many ways to cover the cost of shipping when selling products online. Since TopDawg offers thousands of products from hundreds of different suppliers, we cannot provide a simple weight-based rate sheet to calculate shipping. All of this seems very complicated, but do not stress! We have a couple of strategies for you on the best way to set up shipping!
1. Manual Shipping Quote: Select any item in the TopDawg catalog and click on “calculate shipping for this product”, then enter the destination zip code to get an estimate for that item. (Please keep in mind, different zip codes will return different rates.) You can also add an item to your cart, or group of items, and select a customer to see the actual rates for shipping. This will help you understand the costs associated with shipping the products you have decided to sell. Once you understand your average shipping costs for the products you are going to sell, you have a few ways to build that cost into your website:
• Flat Rate Shipping – Set up a flat rate shipping fee that will cover your expected shipping costs. This is typically a pre-set shipping fee per order, and the set shipping fee will be added to the order total at checkout.
• Free Shipping - Instead of setting a fee for shipping, simply add your estimated shipping costs to your product price directly. This option has pros and cons. Pros are that your order volume might be higher since you are offering free shipping. Cons are that the products you are selling may appear to be overpriced for customers that compare prices online, as they may not recognize that the item cost includes the cost of shipping.
• Tiered Flat Rate - This is a good option if you sell a variety of products with various sizes and weights, as well as different price points. With a tiered flat rate system, you can determine the tiers based on product weight or price. For example, you could charge a flat rate of $5 for shipping items weighing 0-1 lb., $7 for products weighing 1.1-5 lbs., and $10 for products weighing 5.1- 10 lbs. Same thing would apply for pricing tiers. For example, $0- $10 you charge $3 for shipping. $10.01-$49.99 you charge $8, and anything $50 or greater is free shipping. This is a great way to incentivize your customers to purchase larger orders to get the free shipping.
• Hybrid Shipping - Simply split your estimated shipping costs by increasing your product price as well as setting a low flat rate shipping fee. An example would be that if your estimated shipping cost is $6, you can add $3 to the cost of the product and charge a $3 flat shipping rate.
- What is the difference between the shipping cost integration and the shipping calculation button found in the product descriptions of individual products?